Visiting instructions to senior centres, service homes and care homes
- We recommend that indoor visits take place in your loved one's room or a separate room for visitors.
- Only visit when you are in good health. Please do not visit us if you have a coronavirus infection, symptoms indicative of a coronavirus infection or symptoms of a respiratory tract infection.
- Wash your hands with soap or use a hand sanitiser before your visit.
- You can use a face mask at your discretion.
- Maintain a sufficiently safe distance from other residents during your visit.
Guidelines for visits to Helsinki hospitals
Relatives and friends can visit patients being treated at the Helsinki City Hospital. All visitors must follow infection control measures and adhere to the general instructions for protection and hygiene.
Protection, hygiene, and safe distances
If your loved one is being treated in a multi-person room, please wear a face mask during your visit. You can get a face mask from the hospital. Nurses will guide you in its use.
Pay attention to good hand hygiene. Hand sanitiser is available at the hospital. Please maintain a sufficiently safe distance from other patients during your visit.
You may not visit a hospital if you have a coronavirus infection or even minor symptoms indicative of a coronavirus infection or symptoms of a respiratory tract infection.
You can also visit wards that treat patients infected with the coronavirus. During the visit, you may be exposed to COVID-19. Therefore, all visitors must wear an FFP2 mask for the entire visit and maintain good hand hygiene. You can get an FFP2 mask from the hospital. The staff will provide you with instructions on the use of the mask.
You can ask for more information about visits from the hospital where your loved one is being treated.
More informationCoronavirus FAQ
Latest news on Coronavirus
Coronavirus information in different languages