Skip to content

Acknowledgement of parenthood

If a child is born at a time when its parents were not married, parental and official measures may be required to acknowledge the child's parenthood. Make an appointment with the child welfare supervisor to acknowledge parenthood.


The mother or parents of extramarital children.

The service is only for citizens of Helsinki.

Available languages:

Finnish, Swedish, English


Related service points and contact information:


The Social Services, Health Care and Rescue Services Division

Suomeksi » | På svenska » | In English