Skip to content

Social care work for families with children

Social care work for families with children is support, guidance and advices offered to families with children under school age or with small school children.

The service is applied for by contacting the social counsellors of the region. The social counsellor will, primarily, meet the families at their home.

You can seek the assistance of a social counsellor of family work when

- you want to discuss issues concerning parenthood and the care and upbringing of children, such as their sleep and daily rhythm, the child's negative age and setting limits for the child.

- you require support due to a sudden change in your life's situation, such as divorce or an illness of a family member

- you require information on the services in the area and guidance to use them

- you need support and guidance in dealing with everyday practical matters

The services are free of charge for the customers.


Families with children requiring support, guidance and advice.

Available languages:

Finnish, Swedish

Related service points and contact information:


Social Services and Health Care Division

Suomeksi » | På svenska » | In English