The Urban Environment Division has started to mainly serve customers remotely because we wish to ensure smooth service even during the coronavirus epidemic.
If you need our services, please check the available remote services and service hours on our website before contacting us. We will update our contact information and this announcement if the service hours change.
Latest changes to the services:
Services’ Rental Apartments office at Elimäenkatu 5 has new revised opening
hours (updated 9 April)
- The Customer Service of the Urban Environment Division (Sörnäistenkatu 1) service hours
- Phone service +358 (0) 9 310 22111, Mon–Thu 8:15–16:00 and Fri 10:00–15:00
- Service point at Sörnäistenkatu 1, Mon–Tue 8:15–12:00 noon and Wed–Thu 12:00 noon–15:00
- Temporary changes to Building Control Services (27 March)
Stadin asunnot service point is closed, serving online and over the phone (16 March)
You can access the following remote services, among others:
- If you want to apply for the first resident parking permit, please, fill in the online information form first (one vehicle per form, in Finnish). Read more and apply.
- If you want to renew a resident parking permit, please, use a separate Residential parking permit renewal e-service. Read more and renew.
- The application for business parking permits can be initiated with a phone call to the customer service number, +358 (0) 9 310 22111 (Mon–Thu 8:15–16:00, Fri 10:00–15:00). You will receive the application instructions during the call.
- Stadin asunnot rents out the City’s rental apartments, apartment application.
- In the map service kartta.hel.fi, you can find detailed plans and traffic plans, for example
- Building Control Services provide guidance via a service request at the Lupapiste service. Help can also be found in the Building Control Services’ instructions (in Finnish). You can apply for permits at Lupapiste.
- Building drawings may be purchased and viewed in the Arska service and, in Finnish, at the Lupapiste shop. If the necessary information and materials are not available through these services, we encourage you to contact the property holder in the first instance (owner, housing company or building manager).
- Surveying services for builders are primarily sought by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Starting materials for construction planning are available via the Karttakori service (in Finnish). Enquiries tel. +358 (0) 9 310 22111.
- The City Survey Services’ electronic services (in Finnish) help with things such as maps, cabling information or ground investigation data.
Since many popular services are now temporarily handled by phone, there will be some queues on the phone. Please do not hang up while queueing.
Please do not visit the customer service point if you have been advised to stay in quarantine or you have any symptoms of a cold or flu.
This announcement will be updated as the services change.