Skip to content

Housing services

Wear a face mask in social and health care services

We recommend that everyone who is 12 years old or older uses a face mask in all social and health care facilities.

Read more here: Coronavirus updates from Helsinki

Visits to the housing services of the services for people with disabilities

Please, follow the instructions below when visiting the housing services. These instructions aim to protect our residents and staff from coronavirus infections.

  • Conduct visits when you are healthy and not suffering from any coronavirus-related symptoms.
  • You can meet with residents indoors in their own room or apartment.
  • The maximum number of visitors at a time is two persons. There is no time limit for an individual visit.
  • All visitors are given protective face masks that must be worn throughout the visit. Visitors should also ensure good hand hygiene and keep a safe physical distance from the residents and staff.
  • Staff will receive visitors and provide more detailed safety instructions. We kindly ask that all visitors follow these instructions.
  • In the occurrence of a coronavirus infection in the unit, we may have to halt visits temporarily.

Assisted housing services in accordance with the Disability Services Act is meant for persons whose disability or illness necessitates constant assistance with daily activities, assistance at different times of day and night or other extensive assistance, but who do not require institutional care.

Assisted housing services in accordance with the Disability Services Act is available in group homes, housing groups and supported housing homes. Support and assistance are organised according to the customer’s need on a 24-hour basis or at regular intervals.

You can become a resident by contacting  the unit for social work for the disabled.   

The city’s sheltered housing groups (pages in Finnish)

In addition to the city’s service locations, the service is also available at purchased service units.

Housing groups

Advice and assistance with seeking placement in a housing group is available from the disability care social worker at your local disability social work unit. 

Social guidance at housing services for the disabled

Brochure for support for independent living in housing services (PDF)

Purchased service unit of services for the disabled

Information about the Purchased service unit of services for the disabled

21.07.2022 11:43