Skip to main content

Urban Environment Division’s customer service at Työpajankatu 8 is exceptionally closed 10-31 January. Customers are mainly served online and by phone.

Parking control

Please notify the Urban Environment Division's customer service about a vehicle that is parked illegally on a street, market square or green area.

If you park illegally in Helsinki, you may be fined €60-80. The parking fine must be paid within 30 days. The fine is enforceable without a separate decision.

Please contact the Urban Environment Division's customer service, if you have a question about parking.

Contest a parking fine

If you think that the parking fine you have received is unfounded, you can contest it by submitting a claim for rectification within 30 days. You do not have to pay the parking fine while your claim is being processed.

Processing time

It will take us roughly 1-4 months to process your claim.

Additional information

You can submit your claim for rectification with an online form. If this is not possible, you can also deliver it to the Urban Environment Division's customer service by post, email or in person.

The claim for rectification must made in writing, and it must include
- your name and address
- the license plate number of the vehicle in question
- the number on the parking fine, and
- your bank account number.

Attach any documents you wish to submit to the claim before you send it.

After processing your claim, we will destroy any attachments you have sent that concern your state of health or financial situation, for example.

Additional links


Submit a claim for rectification

Requires authentication

Report an illegally parked vehicle

Please notify the Urban Environment Division's customer service about cars that have been parked illegally on streets, market squares and green areas by using the online feedback form. You can also send us an email or give us a phone call to make the report. In urgent cases, you can contact our customer service by phone.

Additional information

If a vehicle is illegally parked on private property, the property manager or maintenance company should contact our customer service, so we can make plans to move it. Other people in positions of trust, such as the property's owner, managing director, real estate company chair or housing company chair can also report illegally parked vehicles.

Additional links


Extend the due date of a parking fine

You can apply for a 14-day extension of your parking fine's due date, if you apply for the extension before the due date has expired. You can only apply for an extension one time. The online application will require you to show a form of strong identification.


Apply for an extension of your parking fine's due date

Requires authentication

Service points

1 service point
Kaupunkiympäristön toimitalo katutasosta kuvattuna.

Urban Environment Division, Customer Services

Työpajankatu 8 00580 Helsinki

Service in Swedish
See opening hours and contact details